Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day three on the Road To Christy's Recovery

posted by Buttons Padin on May 7, 2008

It's Wednesday morning and, yes, Christy, I did put out the recycling this morning...

Allie and I are with Christy again, Allie hasn't left her side during the day since we got here. She's been a saint and, although Lizzie is getting many comments on her moving commentaries, Allie has been amazing fluffing pillows, running for coffees, and showing the world how much she loves (dare I say worships) her mom.

Christy is feeling better and stronger every day. Last night, after Lizzie went home to her job, the three of us watched Roman Holiday on the computer. More than one laugh during the time, indicating that Christy is getting back to herself.

A big bonus, this being National Nurses Week, is that somebody came by with boxes of HagenDaz ice cream bars. I grabbed two, one which I devoured and one for Christy and Allie to share (standard fare for the two of them). Only problem was that Allie didn't get very much, another sign of return to normal.

Allie and I left about 8:00 to go home and begin prepping the house for Christy's return Thursday afternoon. I was checking the site when I heard Allie let out a cry of pain from her room. Knowing that she's been having a tough time, I ran to her only to find out that her greif was over Jaba Chamberlin giving up a three run homer to (eventually) have the Yankees lose to the Indians. Another return to normal.

It's now noon on Wednesday and Christy is about to be moved from the Neuro ICU to a regular room. She would have moved yesterday but a room wasn't available. And, who knows, maybe we would have missed the ice cream!

Just got the word to move so I'm signing off and will report again later.

Thanks for the love, help, support, blah, blah, blah. (another return to normal on my part).

Cheers,
Buttons

p.s. it's about 4 and Christy is watching "Something's Gotta Give" with Allie lying on the bed beside her. more normal stuff.
-B

No comments: